Monday, January 28
Introduction of the reanalyses
Applications of reanalysis products
- Detection of Key Atmospheric Features in Reanalysis Data, P. A. Arkin et al.
- Use of Reanalyses to Examine Climate Model Errors via NWP Type Forecasts,
D. L. Williamson
- Numerical Simulation of a Bay of Bengal Tropical Cyclone: A Comparison
of the Results from Experiments with Jra-25 And Ncep Reanalysis Fields, D. V. Bhaskar Rao et al.
- A Stochastic Model of the Madden-Julian Oscillation,
C. Jones et al.
- A Comparison of Vertically-Integrated Water and Energy Cycle Diagnostics from Several Reanalyses, K. E. Trenberth
- Importance of the Low-level Diabatic Heating on the Formation of the
Summertime Subtropical Highs: Sensitivity to Diabatic Heating Data Set, T. Miyasaka and H. Nakamura
- Typhoon Landfall Mode in ERA-40 and JRA-25 Reanalysis Datasets,
T. Nakazawa and K. Rajendran
- Characteristics of Storm Tracks in JMA's Seasonal Forecast Model,
- Usage of Atmospheric Reanalysis Data for Dynamical Diagnoses of the Atmospheric Circulation and Climate Variability, H. Nakamura
- Impacts of Persistent Circulation Anomalies on Precipitation over Northern Eurasia during Summer, Y. Fukutomi
Tuesday, January 29
Applications of reanalysis products (contd.)
- Dynamical Downscaling of Global Reanalysis, M. Kanamitsu et al.
- Global Dynamical Downscaling of Reanalysis with Bias Correction, K. Yoshimura and M. Kanamitsu
- Climate Classification Using Reanalysis Data, N. Yamazaki et al.
- Intra-Seasonal Oscillations of Indian Monsoon: Dynamics through NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis Data,
A. A. Kulkarni
- Dynamical Seasonal Prediction of Typhoons with the New Coupled Model (JMA/MRI-CGCM), Y. Takaya et al.
- Using Reanalyses for the Estimation and Minimization of Sampling Errors in the VOS-based Air-sea Fluxes,
S. K. Gulev and T. Jung
- Ocean Reanalysis and its Application to Water Mass Analyses in the Pacific,
Masafumi Kamachi et al.
- Status and Prospects of Ocean State Estimation Detlef Stammer,
Institut fuer Meereskunde, Center for Marine and Atmospheric Sciences Universitat Hamburg - Germany
- Climate Variability from the New ECWMF Ocean Reanalysis ORA-S3, Magdalena A. Balmaseda et al.
- Interannual Variabilities of Eastern Subtropical Mode Waters in the
North and the South Identified from Reanalysis Datasets Obtained by
4DVAR Data Assimilation, Takahiro Toyoda et al.
Characteristics of reanalysis products
Wednesday, January 30
Characteristics of reanalysis products (condt.)
Submonthly Convective Variability over the East Asia during the Meiyu/Baiu Season, T. Yasunari and H. Fujinami
- Anomalous Modes of Moisture Transport by East Asian Summer Monsoon and Associated Rainfall Patterns in China, Jilong Chen et al.
- The Products and Validation of GAME Reanalysis and JRA-25: Precipitation, A. Yatagai et al.
- Summer Monsoon Variability over South and East Asia: Understanding Tele-connections through NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis Data, R. H. Kripalani
- Comparisons of Atmospheric Precipitable Water between NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis and Ground-based GPS Measurements, J. Wang and L. Zhang
- Uncertainties in the Climate Mean State of Global Reanalyses, Observations, and a Modern Climate Model, T. Reichler and J. Kim
- A Comparative Study on the Dynamics of the Pacific-Japan (PJ) Teleconnection Pattern as Revealed in Reanalysis Datasets, Y. Kosaka and H. Nakamura
- Examination of Tropical Cyclogenesis using the High Temporal and Spatial Resolution JRA-25 Dataset, M. Sugi
- Tropical Cyclones in Reanalysis - A Low-Frequency Perspective, M. Fiorino and R. Hart
- Trends in SST and Reanalysis 850 and 200 hPa Wind Data of Asian Summer Monsoon Season during the Recent Six Decades, Porathur V. Joseph, S. Thazhe Purayil
- Comparison of Long-term Downward Radiation Observations at Tateno with JRA-25 and ERA-40 Data, N. Ohkawara and Y. Hirose
- Comparisons of Brewer-Dobson Circulations, T. Iwasaki et al.
- Interannual Variation of Spring Total Ozone and Winter Planetary-scale Wave Activity in Re-analyses Data, C. Kobayashi
- The Daily 3D Ozone Produced by CTM for JRA-25, T. Maki et al.
- Arctic Clouds and Radiative Fluxes in Large-scale Atmospheric Reanalyses, J. E. Walsh et al.
- Fresh Water Flux over Global Oceans in the NCEP CDAS, CDAS2, GDAS, GFS, and CFS, P. Xie et al.
Thursday, January 31
Data assimilation techniques for reanalysis including ocean and land
- Applying Advanced Data Assimilation Techniques to Real Atmospheric Models, A. C. Lorenc
- Homogenization of the Global Radiosonde Temperature and Wind Dataset using Innovation Statistics from Reanalyses, L. Haimberger et al.
- How Can We Gain A Climate Quality Reanalysis If We Are Dependent Upon Radiosonde Data?, Peter W. Thorne et al.
- Atmosphere-Land Coupled Data Assimilation by Using Satellite Microwave Radiometers, T. Koike and D. Ndegwa Kuria
- Reprocessing Long-term Satellite Data for Next Generation Reanalyses, Cheng-Zhi Zou
- Use of the SSU and AMSU-A Observations in Reanalyses, S. Kobayashi et al.
- Ensemble Kalman Filtering for Reanalysis, E. Kalnay
- Ensemble Data Assimilation for Historical Reanalysis, J. Whitaker et al.
- Use of the Ensemble Kalman Filter in the GMAO Ocean Data Assimilation System, C. L. Keppenne et al.
- GFDL's Coupled Ensemble Data Assimilation System, 1980-2006 Oceanic Reanalysis and Its Impact on ENSO Forecasts, S. Zhang
- Developments of a Local Ensemble Transform Kalman Filter at JMA, T. Miyoshi et al.
- Particle Kalman Filtering for Data Assimilation in Meteorology and Oceanography, Ibrahim Hoteit et al.
- A Global 4D-Var Data Assimilation Experiment with a Fully Coupled GCM, N. Sugiura et al.
- Developments in Bias Correction for Reanalysis, Dick Dee et al.
- Uncertainties in SST and Sea Ice Analyses, Nick Rayner et al.
Friday, February 1